Call for Abstracts and Posters
National Consortium for Building Healthy Academic Communities — 2019 National Summit
Building Cultures of Well-Being
April 29 – May 1
The Ohio State University
Abstract Deadline: September 30, 2018.
National Consortium for Building Healthy Academic Communities invites you to submit a proposal for summit breakout/oral and poster sessions for the 2019 National Summit, April 29 – May 1 at The Ohio State University. Do not miss this opportunity to present your cutting-edge research and innovative wellness strategies for faculty, staff and students at this comprehensive national academic health and wellness summit. Systematic and integrative reviews on interventions to promote wellness in academic settings are also welcome.
Submit your abstract in the online form here
The mission of the National Consortium for Building Healthy Academic Communities is to equip academic institutions with evidence-based strategies and resources to improve population health and well-being of faculty, staff, students, alumni and the communities they serve.
Proposed presentations should address the interests of BHAC members, BHAC's mission and goals, and the theme of the conference — Building Cultures of Well-Being.
- Poster presentations will be presented during a designated poster time.
- Proposals should provide fresh insight into the delivery of wellness and healthy programs aimed at improving of population health in academic settings
- Work should be evidence based
- Research proposals should present original research findings that help address issues relevant to wellness or to methodological issues related to conducting wellness research.
The purpose of the breakout presentation is to highlight a specific area of interest related to wellness. Breakout sessions are presented for the purpose of elucidating diverse perspectives. Sessions must be evidence based and/or provide new and thought-provoking developments in the area. (Total time: 30 minutes).
A committee will review proposals for plenaries or posters based on the following criteria:
1. Relevancy to the conference theme — Building Cultures of Well-Being
2. Contributions to current wellnesss education, research and systems.
3. Use of appropriate methods to answer research questions or address systematic issues.
4. Conclusions justified by findings or practice-based information presented.
5. Based on current and emerging knowledge within the wellness field.
6. Significance for wellness systems, education and/or research.
What to Submit
In the online form located here, presenters are able to provide detailed information on their proposed oral or poster presentaton.
Abstracts are due by August 31, 2018.
- An email confirmation of receipt will be sent within one week of submission. An expert panel will review all applications received by the deadline. Notification of acceptance will sent to the primary contact listed. Confirmation of acceptance is needed by September 30, 2018.
Poster proposals: In 300 words or less, state the purpose of the work and provide information including methods used; results obtained; and conclusions reached.
Breakout/oral proposals: In 300 words or less, state the purpose of the work and provide information including methods used; results obtained; and conclusions reached.
Learning objectives: indicate 2-3 objectives the participant will be able to do at the conclusion of the activity. Each objective has corresponding content that details key points that will be addressed. Content must be more than a restatement of the objective and must be related to the objective. It is recommended that content be sequentially numbered and that it corresponds with related objective.
- Presenters must register for the summit at the discounted price. Each presenter will be responsible for all of his or her expenses.
- Multiple abstracts are encouraged. However, only one proposal per electronic submission is allowed.
- Audio Visual Requirements: BHAC will supply each presentation room, upon request, with a laptop, LCD projector and screen for PowerPoint presentations. Presenters will be responsible for any other equipment they require.
Thank you for considering sharing your expertise with the members of BHAC. We welcome your involvement. If you know of someone else who would be an excellent speaker at the 2019 summit, kindly forward this call for abstracts.