About The National Consortium for Building Healthy Academic Communities
We invite you to become a member of the National Consortium for Building Healthy Academic Communities! We envision a group of academic institutions across the country—large and small, public and private—dedicated to crafting a framework to comprehensively enhance the health and wellness of students, faculty and staff.
Health and wellness covers a broad range of campus-wide issues, ranging from policy and benefits development, strategic planning, leadership and constituent engagement to the development, implementation and evaluation of innovative wellness activities tailored to positively impact the health and wellness outcomes of an institution's students, faculty and staff.
The consortium was launched on April 24, 2013, after a successful inaugural Building Healthy Academic Communities national summit, during which we began to determine the mission, goals and terms of membership. We seek to build on the tremendous efforts by institutions and professional organizations working in select areas of health and wellness or with particular target audiences by integrating our activities so that we learn from each other in a comprehensive way.
We invite your inquiries about membership in the consortium — to find out more, please visit our Membership Levels link or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us to share comprehensive, evidence-based practices on faculty and staff wellness, student wellness and wellness innovation.
We welcome leaders and representatives who are dedicated to health and wellness from academic institutions of all sizes: faculty, staff, student leaders, administrators, researchers, medical centers and HR officers, as well as policymakers from professional organizations and academia. Health and wellness covers a broad range of campus-wide issues and changing landscapes, including policy and benefits development, strategic planning, leadership and constituent engagement to the development, implementation and evaluation of innovative wellness activities.
Vision, Mission, Goals
A transformational collaborative to advance higher education best practices and standards in health and well-being
To equip academic institutions with evidence-based strategies and resources to improve population health and well-being of faculty, staff, students, alumni and the communities they serve
- Share best practices to enhance the health and wellness of academic communities
- Set national standards for academic health and wellness
- Collect and evaluate data and outcome metrics from the BHAC national database
- Promote transdisciplinary wellness collaborations, education and initiatives across academic institution
- Use data generated from the consortium for institutional benchmarking
- Promote transdisciplinary wellness collaborations, education and initiatives across academic institutions.
- Establish BHAC committees and taskforces
- Provide technologies that enable inter-institutional networking, collaboration and dissemination