About The Consortium
Building Healthy Academic Communities
The Consortium connects health and wellness professionals from academic institutions across the country, Canada and Australia in pursuit of healthier campuses.
As a national organization, we have tools to guide our members toward better planning, leadership and constituent engagement. As a consortium, our members are able to share best practices and help set national standards for academic wellness together.
Through thoughtful, evidence-based programming, we have opportunity to affect the lives of in. When we share our successes and collaborate, our capacity for change grows even further.
Vision, Mission, Goals
Vision: A transformational collaborative to advance higher education best practices and standards in health and well-being
Mission: To equip academic institutions with evidence-based strategies and resources to improve population health and well-being of faculty, staff, students, alumni and the communities they serve
- – Share best practices to enhance the health and wellness of academic communities
- – Set national standards for academic health and wellness
- – Collect and evaluate data and outcome metrics from the BHAC national database
- – Promote transdisciplinary wellness collaborations, education and initiatives across academic institution
- – Use data generated from the consortium for institutional benchmarking
- – Promote transdisciplinary wellness collaborations, education and initiatives across academic institutions
- – Establish BHAC committees and taskforces
- – Provide technologies that enable inter-institutional networking, collaboration and dissemination