About The National Consortium for Building Healthy Academic Communities
Building Healthy Academic Communities across the U.S.
BHAC connects health and wellness professionals from U.S. academic institutions in pursuit of healthier campuses.
As a national organization, we have tools to guide our members toward better planning, leadership and constituent engagement. As a consortium, our members are able to share best practices and help set national standards for academic wellness together.
Through thoughtful, evidence-based programming, we have opportunity to affect the lives of in. When we share our successes and collaborate, our capacity for change grows even further.
Vision, Mission, Goals
A transformational collaborative to advance higher education best practices and standards in health and well-being
To equip academic institutions with evidence-based strategies and resources to improve population health and well-being of faculty, staff, students, alumni and the communities they serve
- Share best practices to enhance the health and wellness of academic communities
- Set national standards for academic health and wellness
- Collect and evaluate data and outcome metrics from the BHAC national database
- Promote transdisciplinary wellness collaborations, education and initiatives across academic institution
- Use data generated from the consortium for institutional benchmarking
- Promote transdisciplinary wellness collaborations, education and initiatives across academic institutions.
- Establish BHAC committees and taskforces
- Provide technologies that enable inter-institutional networking, collaboration and dissemination