National Wellness Challenge: Building a Healthy Campus
Interested in participating in the National Wellness Challenge this coming year? The Challenge is an annual, innovative wellness program/activity that promotes one or more of the following wellness areas using innovative strategies, involving faculty, staff and students in all universities and colleges across the United States. Read more about the guidelines and areas of participation:
- > Physical wellness (for example, consumption of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day, accumulating 150 minutes of physical activity per week or 8 hours of sleep of night)
- > Mental Health (for example, happiness or reducing stress through deep breathing/mindfulness/resiliency)
- > Financial wellness (for example, budgeting)
- > Environmental wellness (for example, recycling drive, tree planting/garden)
- > Social wellness (for example, can or shoe drive, volunteering in community)
Check out our 2019 winners and other past submissions. Then, save the date to participate in 2020. The challenge will run January 6, 2020 through February 29, 2020. Deadline for submissions will be April 3, 2020.
- > First Place: University of Iowa
- > Second Place: Meredith College
- > Third Place: Ball State University
Other examples of past submissions:
The Knowledge Bank
The fourth Building Healthy Academic Communities National Summit took place at The Ohio State University on April 30 and May 1, 2019. This conference archive contains plenary speaker and presenter slides as well as posters. Our newest BHAC Knowledge Bank offers presentations and submissions from this highly successful event. Read it here.
Access workplace toolkits below: